Good Food Festival - Grillfest
Festivali asukoha aadress on: Vallikääru aas (Sadama tn 15, 80012), Pärnu linn, Pärnu.
Festivali GPS koordinaadid: N 58 23.020 / E 24 29.433
Preparing for the 2016 food culture festival has begun
Good Food Festival - Grillfest's 16th jubilee has become history - we have just some tasty memories of this year's great food party! The festival organizers were happy to get good comments from the guests and partners and this pushes us to make the next and even greater festival.
Facts from the 2015 festival:
- New visiting record: 50 000 people in two days
- 250 food vendors participated
- Tens of tons of food were eaten and taken home, also tens of thousands of liters of drinks
- Estonian and foreign food producers introduced their new products
- The menu of big and small restaurants was versatile: from clams to sushi
- 100 vendors from Estonia and abroad attended the Good Food Fair
- The Estonian grilling champion is the team BBQ Semud (BBQ Pals), the people's barbecue champion is the team Jungent and the best young grilling team is Head Teod (Good Deeds) from Tartu Vocational Education Center
- The national fishing championship Kalake was won by Elmar Talbonen who caught 3,886 kilos of fish from Vallikraav in 3 hours
- On E-Piim and Maxima stages the visitors could enjoy the performances of various artists
- The Mesikäpp playground had the record breaking number of enterprises and attractions
- Radio station StarFM and their charity campaign gathered 1558.58 euros for the large families of Pärnumaa region. LC Pärnu Livonia with the charity sale in cooperation with Fiskars gathered 716 euros that go to Caritas for educationg young parents. Since 2013 the charity mission of the Good Food Festival is supporting the Pärnu section of Estonian Food Bank
- The presenter of the jubilee festival was Mamma, the main sponsor was Reola Gaas and the Flavoring Partner was Santa Maria. The festival's organizing partner is Pärnu Municipal Government
The guests behaved well as expected on a (food) cultural event and it was appreciated by USS Security, the Police Department and the Medical Service workers!
See you again in Pärnu, Vallikäär Meadow, on June 10th and 11th 2016!
On behalf of the Organizers
Hea Toidu Festival - Grillfest 2016 participation terms for visitors
The TV broadcast of the festival can be seen at www.grillfest.tv
Welcome to Grillfest!
The food culture festival Good Food Festival – Grillfest takes place every year on the second weekend of June in Pärnu, on a beautiful meadow in Vallikäär. The 27,000 sq. meters large festival ground is ready to welcome tens of thousands of visitors and the entrance is free for everyone!
The 2016 food culture festival takes place on Friday and Saturday, June 10 and 11 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Grillfest is not just an all family grilling party anymore. It is a versatile food festival that expects to meet all happy people who like to enjoy exciting and delicious food and good cultural program in beautiful nature and great company.
The mission of Grillfest is to introduce modern Estonian food culture, exciting good quality food products and services to the world. Grillfest has become a meeting place for Estonian and foreign food manufacturers and importers in order to get instant response from the present and future consumers about their products and services. Grillfest in Pärnu has about 50,000 visitors and 250 food vendors participate at the festival.
The main goal of the festival organizers is to turn the food culture festival into a unique event in the Baltic and the Nordic region and to have also many visitors from abroad besides tens of thousands local food lovers. Exciting and tasty food served in a beautiful location combined with a high level cultural program and cozy festival atmosphere should form an enjoyable whole that everyone wants to be a part in. In addition, we have excellent festival organizing experience and the event is free.
The festival ground is divided into four big theme sections. Good Food Fair is mostly meant for smaller producers and handicraftsmen. The heart of the festival, on the avenue of producers and restaurants is an area for bigger manufacturers and importers, restaurants, bars and cafés. The famous Purina Pet Restaurant is also located here. On the competition avenue the contests take place to find the best young grilling team on the first day and the Estonian Champions in grilling and people's barbecue on the second day. On Saturday on Vallikäär banks a national fishing competition takes place. The festival playing ground offers several activities and attractions to please the youngest food lovers.
The biggest star of the food culture festival is the same every year - exciting and delicious food. On the two stages new products are introduced, annual grilling awards are given to the most successful products and producers and good artists offer shows for every taste. Both festival days end with fabulous fireworks. After-Grill parties follow in the official festival clubs.
Grillfest - a great food party since 1999
Grillfest started in 1999 in Haapsalu. Then the ticket cost 25 kroons and all 25,000 visitors got an audio tape with the photo and food songs of Sämm, the Big Grillmaster. After 2007 Grillfest that took place on Türi beach and singing ground turned into a food culture festival that was free of charge. Pärnu Mayor Toomas Kivimägi had a vision that a food party could be an attractive partner for the town of Pärnu that would add some tourism potential during the low season. and invited Grillfest to the renovated Vallikäär meadow. And in 2012 the "new generation" food festival had the record breaking 40,000 visitors. In 2014, the 15th jubilee festival had estimated 45,000 visitors and in 2015 50 000 already.
Pärnu Vallikäär meadow
Vallikäär, an important area in a former famous Hanseatic town Pärnu has got a new look. The Vallikraav trench banks are reinforced and restored as a dock for small boats. A roman tic bridge crosses the trench. On the banks lies a beautiful lighted promenade and a quay. One object of admiration is the highest fountain of Estonia in the center of the trench - it is up to 16.5 meters high! In the evenings the fountain is decorated with colorful lighting, on a sunny day you can enjoy all the colors of a rainbow.